Creative Living Décor – Painting and Decorating News, Tips and Advice
Good surface preparation achieves the perfect finish
What’s the secret to creating the perfect finish when you’re decorating your home? The answer is surface preparation.
If you thoroughly prepare a surface before application, you’ll make a much better job of applying your chosen product and enjoy a quality finish.
How to tackle cornice restoration
A popular feature of both period and modern properties, it can be a challenge to restore a cornice that’s been there for many years. Especially one that’s been painted over on numerous occasions.
Spray painting can create amazing effects
Spray painting has become a popular choice for those looking for something a little different from the traditional finish of a paintbrush or roller.
If you fancy creating an effect that’s stylish and eye-catching, spray painting opens up a new world of colours and styles. It can be used to produce unusual or subtle designs or simply as a method of giving a high-quality finish to surfaces such as wood, plastic, metal and other materials.
How to Choose the Right Colour Scheme – Introducing the Colour Wheel
A colour wheel gives you a visual representation of colours arranged by their relationship with each other.
The wheel is used to show you how harmoniously colours will blend together.
- Primary colours are your foundation. They are colours that cannot be created by mixing others.
- Secondary colours are made by mixing two primaries.
- Tertiary colours are created by a mixture of primary and secondary shades.
- Complementary colours are positions opposite each other on the wheel.
- Analogous colours are located close together on the wheel.