Creative Living Decor Painting and Decorating Service
Booking Terms & Conditions
Booking Painting & Decorating Works with Creative Living Decor
1. Our quotations are produced with as much detail as possible to provide transparency and help to avoid any misunderstanding. The quote is priced on a room-by-room basis. If something is missing that you would like included, please let us know and we will revise the quotation accordingly. Any additional works found necessary are to be agreed with the client and a separate revised or extra contract quotation provided.
2. All prices quoted are calculated on the basis of free access and unimpeded working during our normal working hours from 8am-5pm Monday - Friday. We are available to work at weekends but this is at your discretion. If at any time access is not available to the contractor for any reason, the customer agrees to reimburse the contractor for expenses incurred for travel and lost time at a rate of £22.50 per person and £0.25p per mile per vehicle.
3. We offer a Free Home Decor Selection Service. Colour consultation and product advice is offered during the consultation, free of charge, however the purchase of tester pots is charged at a price of £5 per 30ml pot and £15 per 1L tin.
4. Creative Living Decor will specify a proposed start and completion date. Accepting the quotation, either verbally or in writing, and agreeing to the commencement of works will allow these Terms & Conditions to come into affect.
If you are happy with the quotation, proposed start & completion dates and the T’s & C’s, we will require a signature from you and can then proceed to formerly book the work in. We will require payment on the first day for the cost of materials, as detailed in the quotation. All materials are to remain the property of the contractor until payment is received.
5. As the works progress, once a room/area/task is completed to the customers satisfaction, an invoice is issued & payment is required within 7 days. Payment can be made via Bank Transfer and bank details can be found at the bottom of your invoice.
Your Right to Cancel
- If you cancel the booking more than 7 days ahead of start date, no charge will be made to you, the client.
- If you cancel the booking, or need to change the start date, and notice given is less than 7 days, 25% of the total quotation price will be chargeable, less materials.
- If you cancel the booking within 24 hours, or need to change the start date and notice given is less than 24 hours, 50% of the total quotation price will be chargeable, less materials.
On Site T’s & C’s
1. Both contractor and client to agree practical arrangements on working methods that provide minimum disruption to the client and allow work to be carried out efficiently by the contractor.
2. Customer responsibilities: Customer will assume responsibility to remove from any and all work areas, all household & personal items (with the exception of large furniture such as sofas, beds & wardrobes), and store those items away from the work area during the duration of the work. Contractor will not be held liable for damage to any items not removed from the work area. Contractor will move any large furniture at no cost to the customer, as long as it remains on the premises.
3. Work areas: All areas of the house are to be fully protected and covered while any work is being carried out. All flooring will either be protected by dust sheets, plastic or correx and all furniture will be covered with plastic. Vacuum cleaners will be used to keep dust to a minimum and all areas will be left clean & tidy at the end of each working day, and on completion of work.
4. Insurance: Public Liability Insurance is provided up to the sum of £5,000,000.00 and a Certificate of Insurance will be provided.
5. Manufacturers specifications & industry standards: All materials will be applied according to manufacturers specifications. All surface preparation and coating application shall meet or exceed industry standards. You are hiring an experienced, professional contractor. Elements of the job will meet or exceed normal accepted practices in the industry. Contractor warrants that all materials will be of standard or above quality.
6. Inspection of completed work: Upon substantial completion of work, the customer agrees to conduct an inspection of the work with the contractor. All defects and uncompleted items should be noted at this time.
7. We will endeavour to employ a helpful attitude at all times and will always bring decorating works to a satisfactory conclusion as soon as possible.